Fried Tom Yam Tang Hoon (17 Nov 09)



Fried Tom Yam Tang Hoon

I remember few years ago on my brother's graduation day at NTU, my dad loves the fried tom yam tang hoon that he ate during the buffet. He told me it is not spicy but the aroma of the tom yam is really nice. I find it nice too. Since then, I have been wanted to try preparing similar fried tom yam tang hoon for my dad.

After 2 years, finally I started my engine to prepare the fried tom yam tang hoon. This is my 1st time cooking tang hoon. As usual, my hubby is the guinea pig. I cheated and just use the ready-made tom yam cubes. Too lazy to prepare the authentic tom yam base from scratch ;p

I find the tom yam cubes too spicy and oily even though I didn't put much. Aroma is there but I am not satisfied with this dish. However, as usual, my hubby find it nice and finished half of it (2 plates) for his lunch. I only ate 1 plate & we reserved some for our dinner. I prepared a very big plate, can be shared by 4-5 persons!

Will try again to prepare this dish again but will do it the authentic way by buying all the necessary tom yam ingredients instead of using the ready-made cubes. But maybe will consider buying those tom yam paste in a bottle. Definitely it will taste nicer than the cubes. I will only prepare for my dad & families if it is successful (when I can get roughly the same taste of the fried tom yam tang hoon we tried during the buffet).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...