Baked Capsicum Black Pepper Chicken (29 Aug 10)



Fusion Dish

A year has passed & my niece is going to have her Home Enconomic Practical Test again! This time, the students are required to self create a fusion dish - combination of Egypt dish & Singapore local dish! This is definitely challenging for the students as I don't think they cook / bake at home..

My niece has been doing researches for this project - coming out with the recipe, designing the menu & planning the presentation of the dish. Surprisingly, buying of the ingredients are to be handled by the students as well! Personally I feel that the school should provide the ingredients as raw poultry products & vegetables should be kept fresh in the school fridge after purchased. It is definitely not a good idea to ask the students to bring the bags of ingredients here & there.

In order to build up her confidence during the practical test, I asked her to come over to my home sweet home for a cooking & baking session. She did everything all by herself - from the cutting of the vegetables, chicken meat into cubes, preparing the black pepper sauce to cooking, baking & lastly washing! She only allowed me to give her guidance on the cooking & baking parts (what ingredients to cook 1st, controlling of fire, to cook & bake for how long, etc).. Strictly no hands-on for me.. She is really a big girl now ^_^

I must praise her for the good job! Not only does this dish looked appealing & appetizing.. it is very yummy too! I love crunchiness of the baked capsicum & the tenderness of the black pepper chicken. A very refreshing dish as the baked capscium goes well with the black pepper chicken.. Yum yum ^_^




It has really been long since I last cooked.. I miss those cooking days.. I bake too much & cook too little. Time to balance out between baking & cooking : (


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...