Dang Gui Chicken Herbal Soup (06 Apr 10)



Dang Gui Chicken Herbal Soup

Purchased a bottle of the Dang Gui concentrate (new product of Eu Yan Sang & Maggi) to try out the taste since it stated no preservatives.

I did not follow the cooking instruction stated on the box. Instead, I use my usual method to make the soup. I bring the soup with chicken drumsticks, wolfberries & red dates to boil and then simmer for 3 hours before adding the dang gui concentrate. Only 1/2 bottle of the concentrate is added as I do not want my hubby to get too heaty after drinking the soup. Continue to simmer the soup for another hour. Add some salt to taste.

The taste is just nice with the dang gui taste is not too blanch nor too strong & it is full of the sweetness from the chicken & red dates. The chicken drumsticks are always so tender after simmering for hours.

This soup provides nourishing replenishment to enhance the stamin & vitality. Dang gui is especially good for women but it can be pretty heaty if consumed too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...